Sunday, July 4, 2010

Umm... guess not.

So last week I wrote about our "It's FREE you know" experience. This morning, as is typical on Sunday mornings, I was sitting on the front porch, but this week anxious to see what the follow up would be from last week's nodder.

I have to admit I was hopeful that he'd make some kind of futher overture to draw us into what he obviously believes is his spiritual "family". Not because I really wanted to be a part, but because I really have a desire to see those who claim to follow Christ act like it.

Sadly, he pulled up at the same time he has for almost a year and parked in the same spot he has every week. Got out of his car, looked over my way... and said nothing. In fact, he glanced away as soon as he noticed I was looking his way.

Guess he feels he has fulfilled the mandate taught by his religious system to "Go ye therefore" by simply "inviting" me to come into his building.
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (emphasis mine)

John 13:35

1 comment: